Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hector Skector

So I hunted out Hector’s Casa last night for Mexican food on the date with Carly Barnett. Hmmm. Thoughts.
#1. Had a great time.
#2. My chicken enchiladas were served on corn tortillas, shaped like tacos, and swimming in a some weird red tomato suace.
Did it taste good? It wasn’t horrid. Did it make me sick 4 hours later and wake me up in the night?
#3. Yes.
It’s strange to think the best Mexican food I can get here is served at Taco Bell. Two words:
Beaumont. Carmela’s.
Take me down to the Paradise City please, Where the Mexicans still remember how to cook.
Honestly, I could go on and on about the wonderful Mexican food I’ve enjoyed all over America. I’ve had some delicious meals in
Beaumont, TX
Houston, TX
Oklahoma City, OK
Nashville, TN
Los Angelas, CA
Sante Fe, NM
and of course
MEXICO.
Sorry Hector. I’m not trying to put you down. You are obviously a Mexican. I met you. But you traveled a little too far from the nest. But I don’t blame you. So did I. So did I.

5 comments:

  1. haha! no kidding.
    we ate mexican today. sometimes you just need chips and salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the chips and "salsa" left much to be desired. You got 1 bowl of chips and 1 cup of salsa (honestly, this was more like Pico than Salsa. It was just some slap-chopped tomatoes with some onions).If you needed more chips or salsa it was an extra 3.50. It reminded me of Ted's Escondido Cafe in Oklahoma City. When you sit down at Ted's, the friendly wait-staff bring out chips, red salsa, green salsa, queso, flour tortillas, and butter. The table set-up there is un-beatable. And the prices of the Entree's were quite comparable to Hector's Casa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling pretty sorry for you. We just got home from Poblano Grill which I like to refer to as Ted's little brother. Good Tex Mex with an awesome set-up. Maybe we can arrange a Tex Mex shipment to Canada soon? I'm glad to see you're blogging. I blog occassionally at http://ponderingc.wordpress.com/ if you're ever interested. It's a little whiney and narcissistic but what blog isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. houston has the best mexican food!!!!!]

    brandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Houston has super great Mexican food. I suggest Teotihuacan in the Heights. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete