Wednesday, March 17, 2010

An Introduction

"A careful study of the Bible would convince many people that it is a very different book than what they assume it to be."
-Loraine Boettner

"I don't want another dedication. I don't want another invitation. I just wanna know that I'm Yours."
-Paul Carpenter



I've wanted to write a bit about my journey into Orthodoxy for some time. Since I started writing things here, the desire has been quite nagging. So this is my attempt. This is where I will discuss the changes and shifts in my worldview. I'm not talking about my conversion to Christ. I'm talking about how my perspective concerning this conversion changed. There are a few people who would be interested to know how I can explain my beliefs and how I came to understand soteriology from the reformed perspective.

So over the next few weeks I will be posting 5 blog entries. Each dealing with a certain bit of theology that shook my doctrine to it's core. I hope to explain why my theological box got completely dumped out, and how (through the grace of God) I examined each piece, adjusted for Biblical accuracy, and then placed back in the box that is my brain. I know I'm no longer a Charismatic in the popular sense of the word. But I also hope it's understood that I believe "charismata" is essential to the Christian faith. I will say from the outset that I have many friends and family in many different denominations and I have nothing but the utmost respect and appreciation for each denomination. I believe there are certain attitudes and ideas found in them that could inform many in my own tradition.

But the issue is God.

Who He says He is. His relationship with His creation. And the salvation He provides for His children. He is truly a good God. Worthy to be worshiped. May His kingdom come on earth.


Coming Soon: Part 1. Totally unfamiliar with my own sin.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment: